Monday, October 22, 2012

Milk of Magnesia = Awesome Makeup Primer

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!  Milk of Magnesia is the best makeup primer for oily skin. This is the best DIY skin care trick I have ever used, and that's saying a lot. I saw this the other day and just had to try it for my extremely oily skin that I could not get under control. I had to have a historectomy when I was 29; now that I am about to turn 32 I have started to notice that my skin is going through some crazy changes and one of them being excessive oil, and acne around the chin. If you study face mapping you know that the chin area represents hormonal changes brought on by the androgen hormone.  I have tried all kinds of matte foundations and not much has worked.   I have never been able to use primers because my skin is very reactive. I decided to give this little DIY trick a try, I have used it for a week now.  I was amazed at how well it works. Not only did it dry out my existing pimples, it calmed the redness down, and provided a matte finish to my skin all day.
Here is a list of what Milk of Magnesia is good for.
  • Acne and or Very Oily Skin
  • Sunburn
  • Deodorant ( It really does work. Its a better alternative to aluminum based antiperspirants)
  • Seborrheic Dermatitis
  • Dipper Rash
  • Poison Ivy
  • Calms skin that suffers from Rosacea
DON'T USE FLAVORED MILK OF MAGNESIA AND ALWAYS SHAKE UP THE BOTTLE BEFORE USING IT.
Ways to Use It
  •  You can use it as just a mask once or twice a week for skin that is combination oily or just to dry up pimples. Just apply on clean skin and leave on for 20 min. It will dry up the excess oil in your Tzone. Rinse off with lukewarm water
  • Makeup Primer for Oily Skin-  If you have just an oily Tzone I would recommend you  apply it to that area only because it will dry out the rest of your face. If you have oily skin all over then take a cotton ball and apply a very thin layer to your face and let dry before applying makeup.  You may have to work with it a few times to get the consistency  or combination that is right for you.
As always, do a patch test. Milk of Magnesia is an Alkaline substance so it could over dry your skin, but if you have truly oily skin it won't. If it does start to over dry your skin then use every other day as a primer, or just as a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment